It is official, summer is over and fall is on its way! This month I wanted to bring you a craft that could
help you make some awesome keepsakes or gifts with all those summer photos you took. With the
kids back in school you just might have some extra time to get this delicate but beautiful craft
together. It would also be fun for your kids to help with these as well.
I like to call them Memory Boxes. They have been called other names, but this seems so fitting. I
have made several of these for birthday gifts and they were a huge success. Everyone loves
homemade gifts and these Memory Boxes are unlike any other gift.
Lets get started!
First you will need to gather your supplies.
For the Memory Box you will need:
*3 card stock sheets that measure 12X12 inches
*1-3 different color/print scrapbook paper sheets
For the Box lid you will need:
*1 Sheet of card stock that measures 12X12 inches
*glue or Modge Podge
I would suggest that you use the same color card stock for the box structure and and separate color
for the lid.
Ok lets get started!!
1.First take your three sheets and cut the to the following measurements:
*One sheet to 9X9 inches
*One sheet to 8 5/8X 8 5/8 inches
*One sheet to 8 1/4 X 8 1/4
2. Now we will score each sheet to the measure menus below. You can also draw out these
sections on the back side of the paper and cut along the lines later.
*Score the 9X9 sheet to 3 inches from each side
*Score the 8 5/8 X 8 5/8 sheet to 2 7/8 inches from each side
*Score the 8 1/4X 8 1/4 sheet to 2 3/4 inches from each side
3. Now cut off all the four outer corners on all three pieces
4. You can ink and round the edges if you like, I keep mine as is.
5. Fold the flaps toward the center so they begin to stand like wall for the box.
6. Now we will take the three pieces and glue the centers together. Take the largest sheet and glue
the medium sheet on top of that. Line up the squares and only glue the middle square together.
Then glue the littlest pice to the medium one. When they are all together they should fold inward to
create a three walled cube or box. Don’t forget! you do not need glue on the outside of the latest
It would look something like this when you are finished:
7. Now we will work on the Lid! Take you sheet of card stock for the lid and cut it to 6 1/4X 6 1/4.
8. Score the lid 1 1/2 inch from each of the four edges.
9. Here is the tricky part. Score the back side of the paper (the side you won’t see) from the tip of the
corner diagonally until it reaches the score lines. See photo:
10. Fold all of your scored lines and pinch the corners inward.
11. glue the corners and hold them together with your paperclips
12. Once the glue has dried test out your box by putting your lid on the box you build earlier.
13. Decorating! my favorite part! Start by cutting the scrapbook paper your chose to fit on the inside
scares in the three layer walls of your box.
*5X7cm square centimeter for the top of the lid
*5X6cm for the inside center of your box
*7X7cm scares for your largest pages (walls)
*7X6cm squares for the medium pages (walls)
*5X6cm squares for your smallest pages (walls)
I chose two print/designs for the inside of each flap alternating the designs.
14. Now that you have glued the scrapbook paper squares to your pages (walls) you can begin to
decorate. I added lots of photos to each flap. Treat it much like a mini scrapbook page, but
remember always have fun and be creative!
Here is what one of my finished boxes looked like at the end!