Mess Free Pumpkins
“Mess Free Pumpkins”
Halloween and fall decorations are so beautiful however, when it comes to real pumpkins you’re almost always guaranteed a mess. Stay away from buying multiple pumpkins as they can quickly rot. Follow these steps for a simple decorating idea that is sure to keep your pumpkin lasting all month long.
White or Orange Pumpkins (Fresh Market 2 for $10)
Lace Tights size 2X ($5 at Kmart)
- Clean and dry pumpkin
- Take your lace tights and bundle them up toward the toe, almost like you were about to put them on.
- Then spread the tights around the pumpkin. Line up the toe of the tight with the stem of the pumpkin.
- Adjust the tight so that the lace lies how you want it. You can stretch it or bunch it up, whichever you prefer.
- Once you have the tight adjusted to your liking cut off the excess of the tights so that your pumpkin can stand on its own without wobbling. You can pin the extra fabric to the bottom of the pumpkin.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of the toe so that the stem can stick out.
- Take the rest of the toe piece of the tights and pin them into the area around the stem of the pumpkin. You can use flat head pushpins, sewing pins, or you can staple it.
- Now grab your bow, ribbon, clip on flowers or accessory of your choice and pin it to the top of the pumpkin. I chose black lace tights and added an orange bow made from leftover ribbon and jewels.
This month’s craft is a great and easy way to keep your pumpkin lasting all month long without the mess. This is also a great way to keep your pumpkins until you’re ready to carve them. To spice up your lace pumpkin you can always add some bling and bedazzle your lace after you put it on the pumpkin. The choices are endless when it comes to color and type of tights and embellishments. Get creative and have fun! Don’t be afraid to add some sparkle to your fall or Halloween decorations.
I hope you enjoy creating mess free decorations this October! Until next time, Happy Crafting Y’all!